Welcome to our website
The Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake Women’s Club
The BHBL Women’s Club is a non-profit organization dedicated to making the community a more desirable place to live. The club welcomes any area woman 18 years of age or older who would like to join us. The club meets at the Burnt Hills Methodist Church on Route 50 at noon on the 2nd Monday of each month, September to June.
- The club provides scholarships for high school seniors; contests for students and adults covering awards for excellence in art, crafts, and creative writing at the district and state levels, an annual music award and an art contest scholarship.
- We donate to charitable organizations and actively participate in various community functions.
Community Improvement Projects
- Support for the community library—donating books, raising money for special library needs, helping with the annual book sale
- Promoted the establishment of a library
- Promoted the installation of a traffic light at Kingsley Rd. and Lakehill Rd.
- Instrumental in the building of our town hall and donated art to decorate it.
- Published history of the Town of Ballston, “Ye Olde Days.”
- Supported youth activities, including the Hugh O’Brien youth Leadership annual seminar
- Book Club- Read and discuss one book a month
- Creative Writing
- Lunch Bunch- Lunch out once a month in different area restaurants.
- Cards and games get-togethers.